EFIC and your personal data
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact EFIC;
- your name, job title, organisation name and country if you register for one of our events. For events held in the European Parliament, attendees without a permanent access pass need to send us their nationality, date of birth and i.d. or passport number which is then shared with the European Parliament security services.
- your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our email alerts, and how you use our emails – for example whether you open them and which links you click on
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques
This data can be viewed by authorised people in EFIC to:
- improve the site by monitoring how you use it;
- manage our event registrations and contact you about events you have registered for;
- gather feedback to improve our services
Where your data is stored
We use Microsoft Office 365 to manage our emails and store data. Our mailing list database is stored with MailChimp and event registrations are recorded using Google Sheets.
Disclosing your information
We may pass on your personal information if we have a legal obligation to do so. We won’t share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we don’t pass on your details to other websites.
You can find out what information we hold about you, and ask us not to use any of the information we collect. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’ve signed up for email alerts, you can unsubscribe at any time by selecting the ‘unsubscribe’ link that appears in every email.
Links to other websites
efic.eu contains links to other websites
The above information only applies to efic.eu, and doesn’t cover other websites that we link to.
For more information on data protection and the new EU General Data Protection Regulation (from May 2018), please visit this website.